-Benjamin Smith has successfully defended his thesis! Congratulations Dr. Smith!!
-Collaborative research between the Keating and Bevilacqua labs, recently published in Nature Chemistry, was featured by Penn State Live - read about it here.
-Paola Torre, a graduate student from the Mansy lab at University of Trento, Centre for Integrative Biology, spent the previous three months with the Keating group performing collaborate research with our artificial cytoplasm project. Check out the research being performed at the Mansy lab here.
-Chris Keating was promoted to the position of full Professor! Congratulations, Chris!
-Kristi Liddell attended and presented a poster at the MSD Focus Center 2012 Annual Review in Cambridge, MA.
-Ben Smith and David Kirby gave posters at Materials Day, 2012 at Penn State.
- Kristi Liddell attended and gave a talk at Pitton 2012 in Orlando, FL.
- David Cacace and Brad Davis attended and presented posters at the Gordon Research Seminar and Conference on Origin of Life in Galveston, TX.
- Meghan Andes-Koback successfully defended her doctoral thesis! Congratulations, Meghan!
- Sarah Boehm has joined the Keating group! Welcome Sarah!
- As you can see, we now have a new, updated website!
- Dr. Rose Clark from St. Francis is visiting our group for part of her sabbatical! Welcome!
- William Aumiller attended the ACS conference in Denver, CO.
- Benjamin Smith attended the Pan-American Advanced Studies Institute in Scalable Functional Nanomaterials in Costa Rica.
- Benjamin Smith received a PSU Geiger Fellowship from the Chemistry Graduate School! Congratulations, Ben!
- Exciting news! Meghan Andes-Koback's recent publication has been featured on the front page of the NSF website! Check it out! Congratulations Meghan!!
- Kristi Liddell attended and presented a poster at the MSD Focus Center 2011 Annual Review in Cambridge, MA.
- Ben Smith, Dan Dewey, William Aumiller, Kristi Liddell and David Cacace attended the 241st ACS National Meeting in Anaheim, CA. Ben, William, and Dan gave research talks, and Kristi and David presented research posters.
- Meghan Andes-Koback attended the St. Jude National Graduate Student Symposium, an invitation-only event, where she presented both a research talk and poster! In addition, Meghan won 1st prize in the yearly Graduate Student Exhibition at Penn State for her poster presentation! Many congratulations to Meghan on a very busy and exciting month!
- Benjamin D. Smith recieved the Rustum and Della Roy Award for Innovations in Material Science award. Congratulations Ben for this well-deserved honor!
- Stacey Dean has successfully defended her doctoral thesis. Congratulations, Stacey!
- Meghan Andes-Koback presented a poster at the 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) in Philadelphia, PA.
- Kristin Cederquist has successfully defended her doctoral thesis. Congratulations, Quis!